|Cyclamens and Swords Publishing|
|Publishing fine poetry, prose and Art|
This section will help you if you are considering publishing a chapbook of your own poetry and you are not quite sure how to go about it:
Do the terms 'self publishing' and 'print on demand' put you off? They shouldn't! Many excellent poets and writers have taken this route to publishing their work. And so can you. Why wait until the 'right' editor accepts your manuscript - you may find your work sitting in slush piles, the rejection slips mounting up. Take heart. In less time than you imagine you can be the owner of a package of beautiful books with your name on the cover and your work inside.
Let us help you publish your work.
Over the years we have acquired a wealth of experience at Cyclamens and Swords Publishing. We have published all the books you can view on this site, plus several full anthologies and numerous chapbooks. High quality and dedication to our customers' unique needs and tastes are the basis of our reputation.
Publishing step by step
1. Assemble your collection: chapbooks usually contain between twenty and thirty individual poems
2. Title your book: choose a title that reflects the content of your chapbook.
3. We will design a cover for your book or submit your own artwork or photograph for the cover.
4. Choose your favorite font and page layout: we work with all standard Windows fonts, single or double spacing, text left aligned or centered.
1. Design and layout fee: this is a one-time setup fee of $280 that includes color cover artwork incorporating your title, name and using your own artwork if submitted.
2. Printing: your chapbook will be printed on high quality 80 gsm (24 bond) white paper in black and white. The cover will be printed in color on high quality 200gsm
(54 bond) coated paper. You may choose from one of two sizes:
1) A5: 14.8 x 21cm. (5.8 x 8.3 inches)
2) 17 x 24cm. (6.7 x 9.4 inches)
3. Printing cost: the manufacturing cost of a run of 50 chapbooks is $400 ($8 per chapbook). There is a discount for longer runs, please advise your requirements and we will quote.
4. Postage: the cost includes surface mail postage to Israel, the United States, Canada or Europe.
Placing your order
1. Upload your files to us: send us by email Word or .rtf files containing your poems, your choice of cover style, your choice of layout and number of copies required.
2. After examining your file we will contact you advising how to pay the $250 design and layout fee.
3. When the design process is complete we will send you a PDF of the finished chapbook. Proof read this carefully and advise us of any corrections needed.
4. Pay the manufacturing costs: after you approve the proof advise number of copies required and pay the manufacturing cost by check or PayPal
CONGRATULATIONS It's that easy to be the author of a new chapbook of poetry!